Font plays a major role in the effectiveness of your business signage, wall mural and vehicle wrapping. With the thousands of available fonts, try to keep the following in mind as you are making decisions:
- Serif fonts, such as Times New Roman, are usually perfect for brochures, newsletters and business plans.
- Sans Serif fonts are easy to read with large size text.
- Script and Cursive fonts are perceived to be stylish and used for invitations and place cards.
- Text fonts are the most difficult to read.
- Novelty fonts can work either way depending on how you use them.
Another element to think about is the use of capital or lowercase letters. The use of all capitals might project yelling. A combination of capital and lowercase letters should be the easiest to read.
The most important place to start is by being clear on what you, as a business owner, are trying to accomplish through the design piece that you need:
- Are you selling a building?
- Are you announcing availability at a new property?
- Are you revamping your office decor?
- Are you running a promotion?
Call Focal Point Signs & Imaging today for business signage, indoor and outdoor building signs and car wraps, (714) 777-7850.