As you build and grow your company’s visual brand including logo, exterior and interior signage, wall murals, marketing material, and more, your goal should always be to establish awareness in the market as you establish strong positioning in the mind of customers. One of the crucial key points to keep in mind is hiring the right graphic designer to help you take care of all the important tasks you need to accomplish when it comes to your branding elements.
Always keep in mind:
The following are important steps to consider in order to align yourself and your business with the graphic designer who will help you propel and grow the business:
- Put together a list of specific graphic design projects that you foresee needing and prioritize the list
- Look up local graphic designers through:
- An online search
- A call to your local chamber of commerce
- An inquiry to your network
- Examine your candidates’ portfolio of work and request a list of references
- Determine your budget
- Spend time getting to know your candidates. Although recommendations and portfolio samples sometimes look very appealing, personalities might not be in sync. Get a feel of how the designers work, what their process is and if it aligns with your vision and goals.