Your home, office and property are places where you spend the majority of your time. These are also places where you spend time with people who are important in your life including family, friends, employees, clients and prospects. This is one of the reasons why many work hard to make sure that the ambiance of these establishments are well taken care of. Having a clutter-free and organized space is your way of showing the important people in your life that you care.
Your walls provide a great space to be creative and give life to your environment. Some of us lean more towards simply painting the walls with plain colors but then there are others who take an extra step and add some designs and more color to make their homes and offices more appealing and welcoming. Your walls could be noticed by everyone. Consider giving them a unique touch and a more personal look.
- Wall stickers can help you accomplish such a look and add a beautiful touch to your walls.
- Patterns applied through the use of stencils or wall papers would be another option to consider.
- Faux painting offering a mimicking or imitating design look such as marble or wood paint could also alter your space and achieve the right look and feel that you are aiming for.
- Wall Murals would give an impressive impact through a totally creative and gorgeous design with intricate and fun details.
- While some think of shelving as a storage solution, consider using shelves as elements of design to dress up your walls.
- Arranged in a creative way, tiles, bricks, mirrors and frames offer endless options and design approaches to consider.
Many studies and research have proven that our workplace environment does certainly impact how well we are able to work. Office environments are very crucial similar to store environments. Smart designs along with a mix of the right colors can result in a boost of creativity while minimizing stress and increasing productivity.
In 2004, Microsoft published a press release that indicated “nine out of 10 said the design setup of their workstation directly affects their ability to be most productive at work. More than 50 percent of those surveyed said one of the best ways employers can show their commitment to employees’ success is to provide them with the latest technologies so they can do their jobs more efficiently.” Read More
While all business owners make sure that their office space is meeting the health and safety environment as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor, it is important to also consider comfort and design in order to gear the efforts towards higher level of productivity. Some of the elements to keep in mind include: light, desks, chairs, temperature, noise level, personal space, and privacy to name a few.
When on breaks, employees should be able to see/think of their work environment as a place to take a time out and relax. Also, offering your employees a lunch space that will allow them to stick together, have a dialogue while on their lunch break could prove to increase effectiveness and productivity because it will allow your team members to stay connected, discuss work-related and non-work-related topics, while being away from their routine work environment.
Colors also play in a major role in the feel that your office environment projects. In one of our previous blogs, we discussed the importance of colors and why they matter. Read More
Remember, the design of your office space matters!