A new year presents an opportunity for a fresh start and a chance to revisit your previous marketing initiatives and evaluate what has worked the best for you. This is a great time to think about how you can promote your business to hundreds of new potential customers. It is important to remember that face-to-face interactions still have a powerful impact on your presence in a marketplace. One of the most effective opportunities for face-to-face interaction is attending a trade show, either as an exhibitor or simply an attendee.
Before doing so, make sure that you:
- Define your goal and what you are trying to accomplish
- Identify a list of trade shows presented by your industry
- Put together a list of other trade shows where you can meet potential vendors, partners and customers
- Be clear on your budget and what you can and cannot afford
Once at the trade show, you may want to consider some of the following tips:
- Be prepared to capture the names and contact information of the people you encounter
- Network your company to other exhibitors
- Be ready with marketing collateral that showcases your business
- Involve your staff
- Make sure that you have a follow up strategy to connect with all your leads
Are you planning to attend a trade show soon? Do you need assistance putting a trade show booth together? If so, give us a call at (714) 204-0180 to help you learn more and make the best choice for your business.