Leveraging your physical location for marketing opportunities through signage presence is very essential. Custom outdoor signage products and monument signs can be quite an investment and this is one of the main reasons why you should consider a continuous maintenance plan so they last for a long time.
High temperatures, freezing temperatures, windy conditions, and more… Mother Nature can definitely leave a damaging impact on your exterior signs. Depending on the material used to construct your signs, extreme weather conditions can cause expansion or contraction of your sign, which can result in wear and tear including easy breakage, rotting of wood or cracking of vinyl. Your outdoor signage should be made of durable material that withstands extreme weather. That being said, it is very essential to keep up with the maintenance of your sign. If a muddy rainy storm hits your region leaving dirt on your sign washing the dirt as soon as possible can help.
- Regardless of the extreme weather, scheduling routine maintenance can also help:
- Protectively coating your sign once a year
- Wash your signage products more often
- Attend to any peeling or cracking as soon as you take notice
- Check the brackets that are attaching your signs, if applicable
- While maintaining your signs can help save you money in the long run, a well-maintained sign leaves a last impression on your target audience.
Are you looking for a signage service? Let Focal Points Signs and Imaging help. Give us a call at 714-204-0180 or click here to email us.